Skip to content

I can see my house from here!

June 30, 2009
by

According to the BBC, the most complete map of the Earth’s surface has been published. The terrain map, which was complied out of 1.3m images in a joint venture by NASA and the Japanese trade ministry (I guess their version of NASA wasn’t as interested), details 99% of the Earth’s surface, and will be free to download. Apparently, the remaining 1% consists mainly of areas in North Korea, Atlantis, whatever is under here, and wherever Dick Cheney is living these days.

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. Ben Plotnick permalink
    July 1, 2009 12:52 pm

    Cool. So where do I download it?

  2. July 1, 2009 1:11 pm

    Actually, it turns out that the most likely consumer-level use of this map will be in programs like Google Earth, so one day you may just be using it, click on something new, and revel in its extreme detail and quality. So says the internet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: